Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Muumuu


 I sell a lot of muumuus in my Hawaiian shirt store they seem to be a staple for the elderly and in fact I have had so many women come into the store looking for tropical dresses in younger styles because they say Muumuu’s are for Grandmothers. So I started stocking younger looking dresses for women who didn’t want to buy a muumuu.

One of our new styles is very popular it had straps for the shoulders, elastic in the upper back and a flounced hemline that falls slightly above the knee so it is a really good dress for a summery day or a luau or it can be worn to work along with a jacket for a more professional look. I just kind of assumed no young women would want to be seen in a muumuu however I was in for a surprise the following week.

A beautiful young girl in her twenties came to my store looking for a party dress for a luau. I saw her looking in the muumuu section and referred her to the tropical dresses more fitting for her age but she said she wanted to dress respectfully for her Grandfather and would prefer a more traditional look. I thought that was such a beautiful sentiment to want to please her Grandfather with a modest look so she tried on our Mid-Calf Navy Muumuu and it looked great on her. She was happy this muumuu came with 2 pockets so she could have her cell in one pocket and her keys in the other.

She also picked out a beautiful, white plumeria hair clip and a pair of matching earrings to complete her look. I asked her what type of shoes she was going to wear but she said it was a backyard luau and shoes were optional, but most of the family would be barefoot including her Grandfather.  She was such a pleasant young lady and she will look fabulous at her Grandfathers luau.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts