Wednesday, April 4, 2007

How many Hawaiian Islands?

Ok, just how many Hawaiian Islands are there? You may or may not know this, but did you know that what we refer to as the Hawaiian Islands comprise a total of 137 islands? I sure the heck didn’t know that, actually the more I learn about the islands, the stupider I feel.

We are constantly searching for link love from Hawaiian themed sites; but I feel like we have already visited every Hawaiian site ever made. So with nearly 137 Hawaiian Islands how come we have so few Hawaiian websites? It’s because they are all uninhabited, that’s why.

Below are the islands that are best known, but certainly not a comprehensive list of every piece of real estate in Hawaii that’s not covered with sea water:

• Hawai’i
• Maui
• Kaho’olawe
• Lāna’i
• Moloka’i
• O’ahu
• Kauna’i
• Ni’ihau

What intrigued me was the island of Kaho’olawe, which is theoretically “uninhabited” I could not help but wonder what it would be like to have my very own island. Just think, as supreme ruler and big kahuna of my own island I could do what ever I wanted to do, just like Kamehameha the Great did. To make life a little more interesting I could even weave a little technology into my lifestyle and create a vast network of Hawaiian websites with dedicated IP addresses and link all of them to www.waveshoppe.com

In the meantime I suggest that you quickly jump into your canoe and paddle over to your PC to give us some well deserved link love. KW: Hawaiian shirts Ha, ha, ha Charles, why should we even do something like this for you? Well folks, this act of kindness will not only improve your overall karma, but it will also earn you a make-believe get out jail free card that could be instantly redeemed if you are ever threatened with something like being thrown into the Fire Pit of Pele. Remember, you are not invisible and you can be found.

Ok enough of entertaining myself; today we are going to have a trivia question. If you go on a trip to Hawaii wearing a traditional black/brown Kukui Nut lei, what do the local natives do to your Kukui Nuts?

Yes, you will actually get a prize for having the best and most comprehensive answer. Our winner will receive a discount code for $5 that can be used to purchase any product on our site. But to keep things fair we need to have a minimum of 4 different user posts in the Comments before I will choose a winner (you have to have the correct answer). This offer is good until April 30th 2007 Get creative, it will improve your chances of winning some Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts