Friday, May 2, 2008

Good Eats in Oahu

On a recent excursion to Oahu (for you mainlanders its one of the Hawaiian islands) a tourist asked me if I could recommend any good places to eat. Believe it or not I drew a complete blank. You see I am always hungry and I will eat at any establishment that will seat me in the Aloha attire that I usually wear, which usually consists of a tacky Hawaiian shirt, tore-up shorts and flip-flops. Adding that I only shave and brush my hair when its absolutely necessary. So I guess I should redeem myself by making a few recommendations.




Lu Lu’s Surf Club, Waikiki Beach

Spam is widely eaten all over the islands and breakfast is no exception. Here we have an omelet filled with spam, hash brown potatoes covered with onions and shredded Spam, and of course a side of Spam



I dont care much for lunch. My suggestion is to go over to Dole Pineapple Plantation and stuff your face with pineapple ice cream which can be found inside the store and follow that up with a container of fresh mango from the nice lady selling stuff outside.

FYI Yes that's me eating pineapple ice cream.




Now comes dinner, which is my favorite meal of the day. Since you are already at Dole I would suggest that you get your ass back on the road and head over to the Kahuku Shrimp Farm where you can dine on yummy shrimp, it’s a culinary roadside delight that’s served right out the back of the of the famous Kahuku Shrimp Truck.

Mahalo and happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts