Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Top 5 Things I Spill On My Hawaiian Shirts

We have all been there, your eating something and not paying attention and bam, its all over the front of your shirt. The beauty in spilling things on your Hawaiian shirts is that they tend to act as a sort of “camouflage” for the alien substance now intertwined and seemingly married to the front of your shirt.

I wont go as far as saying that I have a 5 second rule if the spill looks like it is salvageable, but I will list the top 5 things I frequently spill down the front of my Hawaiian shirts.





1. 711 Slurpee’s Why just the other day I was walking out to the patio and I was stricken with a with a major slurpee throat freeze, at the same time my flip-flop caught the lip of one of the paving stones. I somehow managed to squeeze the cup just hard enough to cause the lid to pop off at the exact time I was trying to regain my footing. Nothing like dumping 64 ounces of colored slush down the front of your shirt! (My dogs were happy)


2. McDonalds egg mcmuffin’s. McDonalds is my first pick when I am starving to death and in my car, there is one conveniently placed between my house and the Wave Shoppe Store. Normally their egg mcmuffins are pretty easy to eat, but every once in a while they throw in a few that are juicier than others, and you can guess what happens next.









3. Chocolate fudge ice cream. I am mot sure what it is about me and ice cream, but when I am eating it I become oblivious to everything around me. And that includes when its dripping off the spoon onto my shirt












4. Taco Hell. By far one of the most gut wrenching menus on the planet. Nothing like a hibiscus flower Hawaiian shirt with dollop of sour cream and a river of taco grease running through it.












5. Anything with BBQ sauce on it. My main downfall is smoked baby back ribs dripping with sauce, enough said.

Food stained shirts may be the international symbol for a satisfied man, but I am sure glad that I have a nearly endless supply of Hawaiian shirts for men. You never know when you are going to have a long string of those bad shirt days.

2 comments:

  1. I discovered that with enough Hawaiian shirts I can always match the colors to the food I will be eating, so it won't be much of an issue when it happens..

    But usually, it's ketchup out of a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with cheese.. Maybe some ketchup colored shirts are in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say I really like your blog! Keep up the great work!!!

    Steve
    common cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts