Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Caftans or Kaftans?

Aloha, we hope everyone is having a awesome summer! We have been diligently working on a new womens dress line that will feature plus size kaftans in Hawaiian prints and some basic solids. myself I prefer to refer to them caftans with a "c" but I know of people that prefer to refer to them as kaftans with a "k". 

Authentic Caftan
One would think that finding a definitive answer online would be easy, but its not. I did find a piece from Wikipedia whereas the sentence starts out "A kaftan or caftan" but that is the only mention using a "c". Above the piece is a sentence that says "Caftan" redirects here.". Hmm I said, lets go see what the Caftan page looks like (see authentic Caftan image).

But to be brutally honest, it was not what I expected, nor wanted to see. I recently ran up a bunch of new products with the spelling as "caftans" and I now have a sinking feeling in my chest.

I guess there is no use in crying over spilt milk, I will just have to hunker down and redo all of the Kaftan pages on our website as well as re-do our online Amazon product catalog.

But if there is a ray of sunshine it is that we have just started introducing the Kaftan line and there isn't a big quantity of pages to update.


Authentic Kaftan
The turquoise on black kaftan pictured on the left is one of our new kaftan products in what should be a fairly extensive product line.

While there is a slight amount of shared style such as side slits and pullover style between the 2 garments, the similarity ends there.

One thing that we're going to offer are solid colored kaftans and then at some point offer standard size caftans in prints as well as solids.

But dont hold your breath as it will be quite some time before we get to making kaftans in smaller, standard sizes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts