Friday, May 11, 2007

Delete links to Maui Shirts

Ok I am simply floored, I was doing some phrase research on Google the other day and I ran across one of the most horrifying Blogs I have ever seen. The Blog states that it is authored Mickey Steinborn, who also indicates that he is the owner of Maui Shirts. This Blog is full of ramblings and rude comments about his customers. Now I don’t care one bit what people do in their day to day adventures, but you should never bite the hand that feeds you by posting negative comments about your customers on the Web.

In regards to my title, when you link to a site you are giving it an endorsement and guilty by association if the recipients are doing people wrong. But you can be the judge, at the end of this post I will provide you with the address of this site, and yes, I ask that you consider removing any links you may have to his Maui Shirts dot com site.

Below are samplings from the Blog, let it be known that we do not condone nor endorse anything that Mickey Steinborn has to say.

Mickey Steinborn: “They send me nasty email about my poor customer service. They point their finger at me. They shout with bold letters and complain that my customer service is poor. They go out of their way to leave negative feedback in the public forum. The say I communicate poorly. Well, when I run up a goof like this, I simply block their IP address, place their email in the spam blocker and get on with life and real people. I have tried to deal with these negative people. I try to reason with them. It’s simply a waste of my time. They are bent on screwing with me. I will not deal with people who want to bring me down to their level of incompetence.”

DoOD quit spending your time writing in your hateful comments in your blog and take a communications class at your local college.

Mickey Steinborn: “Vindictive Fat Lady with a hair ball stuck in her brain”

Ok that title alone clearly demonstrates that this post is full of hate aimed at plus sized people, a clear sign that some people should not interact with others, ever.

Mickey Steinborn: “Then there’s the sad, misguided customer from Amazon.com who is a 2X. I wonder if she is ugly too? Most big people are kind and friendly. Not this one. She didn’t read the size chart.”

Hmmm were those words supposed to attract more customers?

Mickey Steinborn: “I suggest a diet or date with Richard Simmons for this fat lady before she sings. She has the word kitten in her email address. The only thing kitten about this double X size of a woman is the hair ball she swallowed when she was younger. What an attitude. Vindictive, vicious and just plain stupid. She says my exchange policy is rigid and ridiculous”

Wow, if I took a wild guess I would say that this guy intentionally flamed and insulted this poor customer, and on the Web of all places. We love all sizes of people!

Why someone would feel so compelled to say such bad things about people is probably going to remain a mystery. But when people cross the thresholds of decency and write heresies about their very own customers and then allow it to propagate the Internet, something needs to be said.

Myself, I do my part to help customers as well as business owners, even competitors. A business owner with integrity would never post stuff like that about customers, but it’s clear that integrity is not included in everyone’s DNA. If your talking smack about your customers you should probably redeem yourself as quick as you can, at the very least you owe your customers a sincere and formal apology.

You may find these quoted excerpts at [blog dot mauishirts dot com]

Thanks for reading along and remember to say something nice about your customers! In turn they will say something nice about you!

Wave Shoppe Hawaiian Shirts customer: “We just got our shipment. Thank you so much for your professionalism you make shopping the internet a Blessing Thank you, Ted W.”

4 comments:

  1. Just wow... Wish I had done a little more research on this Maui Shirts company before giving in to Christmastime panic and ordering from him. I've worked in a service industry for 30 years, and so I know that sometimes, we must be assertive with customers. But hello, there are ways to do it with much more class and grace than this guy displays. I'm never shopping there again, and after I tap the Coconut Wireless, neither will a lot of other people. This guy is just... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently been doing a little research on Mr.Steinborn himself and will probably be reporting him to the BBB. I left a bad comment through a yahoo survey that I got in my email the other day. I did this because of the bad experience I had w/customer service and issue w/exchanges and sizing. I then got a nasty email from Mr. Steinborn letting me know that I was vindictive, offensive and insulting and that he would now be blocking me from buying. I never even put a comment in the box. I just gave my opinion to the questions that were asked. I emailed him back as to why I had a problem but instead of him appologizing he sent another email personally attacking me and telling my why he is such a success and that I was a liar and wanted something for nothing and I never even conveyed that I wanted anything from him. He is a shovinist pig and does not belong in business w/people and women especially!! He told me that I could not read and used offensive language in the email. I told him that if he replys again that I will be going to my local police for harassment. Do not do business w/this company he is a fraud and hates womem w/any opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a Google search for aloha shirts and found The Wave Shoppe and a couple others. I saw that you had some nice choices. I also checked out Mauishirts.com’s website and saw some things there that I liked as well. Then I checked your blog and read the one about Maui shirts. That had me concerned but I had read good reviews for both of your websites. So, I went back to Mauishirts’ website and read the original blog you commented about and I think you may have misinterpreted it. I took it more as tongue-in-cheek banter about “those” customers all retailers have come across at one time or another. I also read the comments following your blog. The one from Feb 23, 2009 seemed particularly harsh, but after having read all those wonderful reviews from Mauishirts’ happy customers it seems to me that this person is just lashing out to be lashing out. Now I am really confused. Thank goodness I have enough time before I need the shirts to do more research before I place my order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous said..."I took it more as tongue-in-cheek banter about “those” customers all retailers have come across at one time or another"

    Aloha Anonymous,
    You may be entirely correct and we sincerely hope you are. But even if it was indeed a “tongue-in-cheek banter” that sort of stuff really doesn’t belong on the Web. I would think that a soft cover diary would be more appropriate, adding that we have absolutely nothing personal against the owner, his employees, or his company.

    Sure we get a difficult customer every once in a while, but we doubt that we would ever Blog about our experiences with them. Customers have bad days too, so a business needs to be accommodating as well as sensitive.

    I am very intrigued by what’s on shoppers minds so we would like to thank you for stopping by to share your opinion.

    Charles

    ReplyDelete

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts