Friday, January 3, 2014

What color is your favorite Hawaiian Shirt?

One of the best things about owning a Hawaiian tropical shirts & apparel company is that you get to pick out the prints that we offer to customers.  Charles and I have always had a little competition going on because as we both poll our customers to find out their favorite prints and colors we both feel we know what will be a best seller and what could be a fizzle.

Recently we stocked a new print that Charles designed and we worked hard to make sure the color was perfect we did this print in a navy blue and royal purple. Charles was only going to put the purple in the womens Hawaiian shirts and muumuus but I wanted to put it in the men’s print too. So I bet him that men would buy the purple shirt too. He thought that men would not like the purple shirt but would buy the blue one instead. 

Well long story short we put the blue and the purple Hawaiian shirts for men on the rack and within 30 minutes a man came in and said “Wow this is a beautiful shirt” he bought it right there and then. I didn’t want to be infantile and say “ I told you so!” but I just couldn’t help it J 

I have to hand it to my hubs though he does have a keen sense of color and he is a very good designer and makes some really beautiful prints. So what color is your favorite for a Hawaiian shirt? Would you wear purple? 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rare Gray Aloha Shirts